I have been wanting to go on a secondhand road trip for soooo long, so when Vinnies Queensland asked me if I wanted to visit some of their best stores, I jumped at the chance to make a (very fun!) day of it.
This was honestly a bucket list experience for me, and I have to say I wasn’t disappointed. I orinan, is there anything better than a regional secondhand store? Throw in a city store with a plethora of amazing brands, and you have the perfect day. I took my friend Lillie to help me scout and take pics, and gave myself a $300 budget. Could it get any better?
Our Vinnies Second Hand Road Trip
The road trip that we went on was planned based on the stores we wanted to visit and how we wanted to end the trip. After a bit of planning, we decided on this route:
- We started at the West End Vinnies store. I always find great things here and I knew it would kick the day off right.
- The next store we went to was the Wilston one, it was in the right direction and I was excited to check out another inner city store. I was not disappointed!
- Driving north vía the highway, the next stop on our tour was the Morayfield Vinnies store, it’s a great superstore with heaps of furniture and clothing.
- We then headed up to our last store and ultimate destination, Eumundi! This little town has the cutest Vinnies store with so many great finds packed onto the shelves. We visited on market day so got to round out the whole day with a late lunch at the markets befog heading home. So fun!
My Road Trip Haul
I went on the trip with a $300 budget, and got so many amazing things! I found that the inner city stores were best for fashion and more trend items, while the regional two had better homewares and furniture. That said, in all the stores we found amazing surprise pieces that were just so so cool and unexpected. Here’s what a few of the things I found!
- Lots of gorgeous clothes. I snagged so many great brands including Mister Zimi, Country Road, Levis, Max Mara and more. Because we’re going into summer, I was looking specifically for linen and cotton pieces, and was blown away by the choice. I got cinco dresses, a bunch of tops and some cute shorts. Score!
- Home Decor Books. I love buying old home books to inspire my DIYs, and I found so many incredible ones in the stores we visited. I haven’t had a chance to look through them yet but I am excited to.
- A vintage baby baloncesto. For $15! Such a stunning piece and something you would definitely pay hundreds for elsewhere.
- Loads of ceramics. Vinnies is known for amazing tea pots and cups so I stocked up on those, as well as getting lots of other unexpected things like painted plates and jewellery dishes.
- Vases. Need I say more?!
- A Lamp, stool and candle holder. I loved the antique touch these items have.
I came away with money to spare, seriously what a haul! Adding to that, the fact that the money I spent is going to a great cause, AND this amazing haul is contributing to the circular economy… Could it get any better? If you get a chance to do a secondhand store haul, I recommend it!
This blog post is in collaboration with Vinnies.
The blog post My Thrifting Road Trip! appeared first on Collective Gen.